Saturday, April 25, 2009

CELEBRITY

Celebrity endorsements are fine if they are for ronco pocket fisherman or for Swanson TV dinners; but when those same celebrities actually testify before congress as an "EXPERT" witness because they just happened to play one on TV.
Ted Danson testified about the oceans. MR. Danson are you an expert? No. Did you go to school and study oceanography? No. But some people from an organization I belong to told me something bad is going to happen. I read the pamphlet and other literature and it was baaad!-
Recently Jim Carry- (Funnyman & actor) posted that mothers should not get their children immunized for fear of autism. Are you a doctor? No. But my girlfriend has an autistic child.
That is sad and unfortunate. But did the vaccination give/cause his autism or was it just one of those things that happen that is tragic.
From what I have read right now they can find no real correlation between the two. So I think mothers should Ignore the celebrities and sit down with your Doctor/Pediatrician and have an informed conversation, before you decide to avoid having your child vaccinated. (or not)

John Q,
The Regular Guy


No comments:

Post a Comment