Saturday, May 30, 2009

CRINKLE CUT FRENCH FRIES!!

I was out with some friends the other day, we were at a local mom & pop restaurant eating lunch or something, when I noticed they were serving old fashioned crinkle cut fries! You know the good thick ones? The size of your fingers... not those shoestring size. Wow! I said to my friends. I don't normally get that excited about my food, but, you don't see many restaurants serving the old fashioned crinkle cut fries. White Castle has the small version. I'm talking the kind you still buy in the store. (oreida SP?)
Now only 1 of my friends really got what I was talking about. I was like a dog with a chew toy... just couldn't let it go, until another one of my friends "got it". We finally let the subject drift off into that never-never where ideas disappear to. Probably joined the whole peanut butter cup (Reese's cup) controversy. Don't get me started again.
Who's with me? How many of you prefer the old style crinkle cut fries? Now before you go ballistic... McDees has some choice fries, but when you get a hamburger like mom used to make, wouldn't you prefer to break out the old style Oreida crinkle cut fries? I'll bet you would. In fact when I go to the store I'm gonna get some and fry'em up. Maybe even a few JTM burgers too.

John Q.
The Regular "french fry" Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment