Saturday, June 6, 2009

OLD FASHIONED........... OR JUST A PRUDE??

. I was told once by a lady friend of mine that I was old fashioned. And she didn't really say it as a compliment, which surprised me really. I mean that was how I was raised to treat a lady... you know, open doors, being polite, sending flowers, saying I love you. Good right?
No, not so much. I was reminded of that when I had to go downtown a few weeks ago. I was at the Job & Family Services Bldg. (long story... economy etc...) Standing in line I saw lots of people come in, including many young women, many of which of color and not were quite attractive. Making you wonder why no mate? Could it be... old fashioned meter alert... groan factor... the part where I piss off some of you... Could it be because they have so marked up their bodies with so called "art"?? I am, of course, speaking of tattoos.
. Wait! Calm down!

. I can't help it, I don't like them on women. Yea, yea, yea, I know its sooo chauvinistic of me... blah, blah, blah. I think most men would say the same thing. Or they would say its okay... as long as they can't be seen. I fall in that category. Well not really, but if she is going to have one, I'd rather the whole world not know. Inside the bikini line, under the bra or tiny bikini, an ankle... maybe. But the trend now-a-days is of course you all know what I'm about to say...
. ... the tramp stamp... the lower back tat. How many girls have you seen that ruin their bodies with that work of "art"? Can't tell you how many of my lady friends have told me they regret that one for sure. I'm willing to grow with the time really. I think Kat Von D is hot, even though you cant see her skin... (not really) but you get my drift. Am I really old fashioned... a square... a prude? Is it so wrong for me to want a women with soft unmarked skin? I'll be vilified by that, because several of my "lady" friends, while attractive, have them. (tats)
. Most of them are married, I know most of their husbands, and w/o mentioning any names, they don't like them. Not really, they're OK. They'll never say, "Honey, get the cat over here to lick that shit off your back, shoulder, arm. ankle, fill in the blank__________
That would be suicide, even I know that. What are you going to say? WOW, you really screwed the pooch there. No, you say looks nice... its ok. So I see all of these girls with the tattoos and wonder, are guys staying away from them because they find them unattractive, or is it something else? Am I that shallow?

. Yes I am. Is it a deal breaker? No. That belongs to smoking, and a topic for another day. You know I still think women enjoy getting flowers, having doors opened for them, holding hands, a soft tender kiss when you leave or at bed time. This is what I believe. And to those girls that found that old fashioned.... sorry. I know for fact you could use a little old fashioned loving now. Some of them, most of them ended up marrying... old fashioned guys...
I feel somewhat vindicated by that. Chivalry is not dead.

That's the way I see it.

John Q. Citizen
The Regular "Old Fashioned" Guy

4 comments:

  1. Oh the anger that....well. I digress.
    MR.JohnQPublic,
    I am married to an old fashioned guy..I am a very lucky girl. however,,,,,He doesnt own my body, He does get to enjoy it, but he doesn't own it. I would never get a tatoo in a place that the whole world would see if he did not like it. Out of respect for his opinion.. BUT HELL NO NEVER BECAUSE HE SAID I COULDN'T.
    I would never attempt to tell him how to dress either. There is respect for your mates opinion but a smart man even though he be the head of the houselhold always values his wifes opinions and thoughts and because he does there is never a need for mandating what she can and cannot do with her hair, her nails her clothes and MY DAMN TATTOO!!Old fashioned is great open our doors, pull out our chairs, give us tender kisses and respect our femininity,but also remember we own our selves and therefore have the right to decorate our bodies however we please. If you dont like tatoos then find a woman who does not have one and at the same time remind her your an old fashioned guy and as such she should speak only when spoken to and walk at least 15 steps behind you, and just for the record I am not a feminist and I dont wear combat boots sd

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANON,
    You obviously only read what you wanted to read. NOT once did I say a woman should not be allowed to have/get a tat, NOT ONCE!
    If you really read the article as written, instead of personalizing it, you would have realized I was saying "I" don't like them. Again, I said nothing about prohibiting women (you)from getting a tattoo, NOTHING.
    You missed the whole point of the article. Am I a prude for not liking them? Or just old fashioned for preferring the woman "I" am with not have one? That is the point on "MY" article.
    You read into it what you felt, because you were offended and took it personally and automatically "ASSUMED" it said women should be prohibitted from getting them. You need to re-read the piece objectively with out emotion.
    You finish by telling me to find a woman w/o one, FINE, but YOU are the one that says women w/o tattoos should only speak when spoken to in the process walk 15 ft behind. YOU said that not me.
    Read what is written, not what you think is implied!
    I know what hyperbole is, do you?
    For the record. I have dated & loved many women in my life, some of them even have/had tattoos. Oh, and both are comfortable walking by my side and even holding hands! (the horror!)

    John Q. Citizen
    The Regular Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you dont want to invoke emotion why write?
    I assumed nothing, it was inferred. You do know what that word means dont you? What a way to turn it around..kudos to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Q Said "I can't help it, I don't like them on women. Yea, yea, yea, I know its sooo chauvinistic of me"
    I said that. The whole point you seemed to have missed was the question I was asking about myself!! My grasp of vocabulary far exceeds your grasp. You are the one suggesting I was forbidding a woman from getting a tat. Nowhere did I say or imply. All I wanted to know was if I was just being old fashioned or a prude for NOT wanting my girlfriend/wife to have a tattoo?

    You ignored the question and said, "If you dont like tatoos then find a woman who does not have one and at the same time remind her your an old fashioned guy and as such she should speak only when spoken to and walk at least 15 steps behind you"

    Now THAT was very "Old Fashioned" of YOU!

    I do write to offer MY opinion and welcome debate. Don't get pissed because of it. You lose, but offer tempered debate & enjoy the conversation. Here is an old quote for you.

    "One should either write ruthlessly what one believes to be the truth, or else shut up." -- Arthur Koestler

    John Q. Citizen
    Still waiting for someone to answer the question, Old Fashioned or prude?

    The Regular Guy

    ReplyDelete